By Staff Reporter
MASVINGO – Dear Editor. This was only a few minutes earlier, before the accident in which this kombi killed these 7 young boys on the spot. Some witnesses are saying the kombi belongs to one of the boys’ father.
Below is the Zimbabwe Republic Police ( ZRP) Statement regarding the accident:
02 JANUARY 2022
FATAL ROAD TRAFFIC ACCIDENT AT THE 43 KM PEG ALONG MASVINGO-TOPORA ROAD
The zimbabwe Republic Police confirms a fatal road traffic accident which occurred at the 43 km peg along the Masvingo-Topora Road on 1 January 2021 at about 1430 hours, in which seven (07) people died, while five (05) others were injured.
Circumstances are that a motorist who was driving a Nissan Caravan vehicle coming towards Masvingo town, with 11 passengers on board, lost control of the vehicle and veered off the road to the right side. The vehicle rammed onto a tree leading to the death of sx (06) people on the spot, including the driver, With one (01) person dying upon admission at Masvingo General Hospital.
The victims were positively identified by their next of kin as:
1. Blessed Paradzai, a male adult aged 22 or Muzarira village, Masvingo.
2. Nomore Manyengavana, a male adult aged 21 or Chityani village, Masvingo.
3. Wisdom Paradzai, à mäle juvenile aged 17 of Chikwanda village, Masvingo.
4. Adwin Paradzal, a male adult aged 18 of Chikwanda Village, Masvingo.
5. Vitalis Chikati, à male adult aged 19 of Mumbendi Village, Masvingo.
6. Joseph Madyambwa, a male aduit aged 18 of Madyambwa Village, Zaka.
7. Washington Mhikuro, a male juvenile aged 17 of Muzarira Village, Masvingo.